The client, primarily engaged in the business of manufacturing and sale of coconut oil, mustard oil and sesame oil had sold its flagship brand to a multinational and was now subcontracting for them. The management wanted to develop three independent business areas:
- A subcontracting unit for the multinational
- Exports of oil and other products
- Renewed thrust on its filtered oil business and develop new brands for mustard and sesame seed oil.
The company wanted a systematic assessment of the operations and identification of areas for improvement to streamline its operations, realign its people and implement the right technology. As a result, UC was requested to develop a blueprint for the company’s future growth.
To develop the blueprint for growth for the client, UC adopted the following approach:
- In the first phase, UC conducted a diagnostic review and identified the following key areas that required to be redesigned:
- Procurement process
- Sales and distribution process
- Organisation structure
- Job Description and KPIs
- In the second phase, UC reviewed, redesigned and helped implement the above processes, including the following:
- Assisted in implementing/ communicating the above
- An operations review was done at the Hyderabad factory
- Helped the company to define its vision, and the core values and communicated the same to all the employees
- Defined a detailed Information Technology functionality requirement
- Evaluated and assisted the client in shortlisting the vendor for their IT implementation.
The client received a well-defined blueprint to align its organisation for the expected growth in the future.