A Leading Indian Card Clothing Company wanted Assistance in the Design and Rollout of Strategic Initiatives that Re-Define their Sales and Marketing Approach
Background and Challenge
The client, a leading Indian card clothing company offers a wide range of metallic and flexible card clothing solutions to suit different spinning mills’ requirements based on the type of fibre processed (natural and man-made) and the desired quality. They had requested UC’s assistance to facilitate the implementation of strategic initiatives that emerged out of a market segmentation engagement. UC’s role involved designing of frameworks and templates and the rollout of the new sales process across its South Indian branches as a kick start.
Approach and Recommendations
We designed and/or facilitated rollout of strategic initiatives in the following areas:
- Sales Force Initiatives
- Product Initiatives
- Customer Related Initiatives
- Service Initiatives
We created frameworks for sales visit planning, product trials management and profiling of customers, sales incentives and performance management for sales force. We devised an excel based MIS system encompassing well defined mechanisms of data capture, data management, analysis and review for the sales and marketing function.
The client received the following from UC:
- A well-defined, structured and well-articulated sales process manual
- Frameworks for sales incentives and performance management system and scorecards for the sales force
- Framework for sales visit planning, product trials management, and customer profiling and account management
- Template for sales MIS system mapped to market sub-segments
- Templates for sales and marketing collaterals