Dealer Survey for a Ceramics Tile Manufacturer
The company was looking to strengthen its distribution network to face increased domestic competition and the threat of imports. It wanted to conduct a small pilot study of its dealers and sub dealers with a view to determining the following:
- Perception of the company/ brand vis-a-vis competition, by dealers/ sub dealers
- Study aspects of the company’s policies and processes that impact dealers, and compare that with those of competitors
- Dealer’s perspective on importance of the brand name in influencing consumer’s buying
To conduct a dealer survey for the company, UC adopted the following approach:
- Developed a discussion guide for interviews with dealers
- Selected dealers to interview based on parameters such as size, competitor brands stocked, location etc.
- Conducted primary research by interviewing dealers and benchmarking the company vis-à-vis competitors with regard to the following aspects -
- Appointment terms
- Pricing policy (Price lists, schedule of discount, margins etc.)
- Payment terms (credit, credit notes etc.)
- Incentive schemes
- Monetary (quantity discounts, coupons, vouchers etc.)
- Goods (free gifts, 2 for 1 offers etc.)
- Promotional support (POP material)
- Cooperative advertising support
- Advertising support
- Dealer policies
- Dealer relations (meets etc.)
- Addressal of grievances etc.
- Administrative procedures and controls
- Territorial rights (geographical exclusivity etc.)
- Order processing
- Information technology support
- Training etc.
- Developed recommendations based on the research findings
UC delivered a detailed report to the client.