Creating an Entry Strategy for a Record Management and Relocation Company
The client, a leading record management and relocation company wanted to enter the logistics sector. The top management requested UC to guide them with a clear direction as to which segment to enter and what their entry strategy or model should be.
To form an entry strategy for the client, UC adopted the following approach:
- Landscaped the logistics sector covering the entire spectrum of warehousing, transportation and services and the sub-segments within each
1) Defined a framework to shortlist segments
2) Shortlisted and prioritised three key areas for entry
3) Defined the entry model/strategy covering -
Value proposition etc.
- Prepared detailed financials for a five year horizon, including the capital investment required for each element
The client received a detailed understanding of the port and the analysis of the different job activities resulted in identification of the following: