Developing a Growth Strategy for a Cutting Edge Global Technology Player Providing Solutions to the Distillery and Brewery Industry
The company was established in 1985 with the objective of providing cutting edge solutions to the distillery industry. It offered other solutions including wastewater treatment to the distillery and the brewery industry. It had experienced a multifold jump in its business performance. The top management further anticipated growth through penetration in the global market and wanted to know which new markets should be addressed in the future.
UC assessed which markets should be looked at in the following way:
- Short listed countries based on defined criteria (e.g.: feedstock availability) and conducted detailed analysis for 45 countries across the globe. Built a hypothesis and evaluated each country for its attractiveness of returns and its ease of entry
- Short listed countries based on the overall attractiveness and validated the hypothesis for these countries through primary research conducted by our consulting partners, and telecoms with industry experts, distillery owners and government agencies
- Determined the revenue potential for each country and based on the ‘country evaluation matrix’ and classified the countries/markets into
1) Strategic focus
2) Opportunistic focus
3) One-off opportunity
4) No focus
- Estimated the risk-rewards of entering the new markets
- Estimated the opportunity cost of not entering the new markets
- Determined the success to efforts ratio.
UC identified and evaluated the attractiveness of markets globally and delivered the to client details of the risk rewards and opportunity cost estimation for the opportunities shortlisted.