Defining a Growth Strategy for an FMCG Company
The client, a diversified FMCG company involved in the manufacturing, marketing and distributing of fabric wash (liquid detergents), personal washes (soaps) and hair care (shampoos, and hair oils) products needed UC to define its growth strategy. The client had limited presence at the retailer level leading to issues of limited sales volume, poor brand visibility and recall, which hampered its growth extensively.
To develop a growth strategy for the client, UC adopted the following approach:
- Created a detailed assessment of the market dynamics of each product category (fabric wash, personal wash, hair care) and estimated market sizing and future growth potential of each segment
- Conducted in-depth primary research across locations to understand consumer and channel partner perception for each product
- Defined product, pricing and positioning strategies for the products under consideration
- Identified issues with existing channel policies and defined initiatives in areas of margins to retailers, trade-schemes/ absolute margins to retailers and goods return policy
- Defined marketing and promotions strategy
- Also developed an evaluation framework to evaluate potential distribution partners and identified potential alliances
The client received an in-depth analysis of the product wise strategies and product portfolio mix. The players for a distribution tie-up and an identification of various organic and in-organic opportunities for the client werealso listed.