Improving Processes and Aligning the Organisation with Strategy for a Cutting Edge Global Technology Player Providing Solutions to the Distillery and Brewery Industry
The company was established in 1985 with the objective of providing cutting edge solutions to the distillery industry. It offered other solutions, including wastewater treatment to the distillery and brewery industry. The company had experienced a multifold jump in its business performance.
The top management anticipated further growth through penetration in the global market and wanted solutions to the following key strategic questions:
- What internal capabilities should be built to ensure it reaches the next orbit of growth?
- What kind of processes will facilitate robust growth?
- What corporate and organisation structure will support its growth over the next few years?
UC provided the solutions based on the following preparation:
- Understood gaps between current capabilities and future capabilities required
- Defined capability building agenda, understood current processes and formulated a redesigned process
- Assessed benefits in terms of cost, quality and time for all core processes and aligned it with the defined future strategy (Potential overall reduction in cycle time of 11%)
- Defined a management information system (MIS)
- Identified issues with the current organisation structure
- Formulated options based on future strategy
- Evaluated options based on defined parameters and identified pros and cons of each structure
- Finalised the proposed organisation structure
- Prepared job descriptions and job profiles for all personnel
UC conducted a capability building, an organisation re-structuring and a process redesign to align these with the future strategy.