Opportunities to Explore in the Monoclonal Antibody Development Market in India
The client is an Indian subsidiary of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. The subsidiary had been established to identify sourcing opportunities from India– in line with the pharmaceutical company’s global sourcing strategy. With a view to establish India as a sourcing base, the client sought UC’s assistance in:
- Landscaping the Indian sourcing space
- Identifying sourcing opportunities in India for indirect cost categories
- Identifying key players in opportunities shortlisted.
UC’s role was to provide a perspective on India as a sourcing hub for indirect cost categories and screen potential partners across pre-defined parameters:
- We conducted detailed analysis of 16 segments, of which 10 were service based and 6 were product based. We held discussions with 70 potential vendors/ service providers across products and service categories to understand sourcing potential
- We finalised segments based on the savings potential, vendor/ service provider expertise, international exposure, the extent to which MNCs - including pharmaceutical companies - source from India for their global operations, and their relative importance in the pharmaceutical industry
- We identified key vendors/ service providers in attractive segments and prepared detailed profiles of 125 such players.
The client prioritised three segments for sourcing from India and initiated discussions with key shortlisted vendors. Four other segments were identified as opportunities to be evaluated in the medium term - nine to twelve months.