An Operational Review for a Colour Tinting Machines Manufacturing Company
The client company’s service business had grown rapidly in the last one year but was characterised by an absence of clearly defined visions and values and an absence of a clearly documented business strategy. There was a lack of defined and documented operating procedures for the following key business processes:
- Provide Service
- Spares Management
- Manage Knowledge
- Manage Customer Satisfaction
The client company also did not have a clearly defined organisation structure and human resource manual. There were inadequate information systems.
UC prepared a blueprint for the growth of the service business, with the steps as below:
- Assisted the top management in developing the company’s visions and values
- Documented the current business strategy
- Designed and documented the following key business processes in the form of operating manuals
- Provide Service - Cost effective communication network using the value added service of single response paging network
- Spares Management - Mobile office concept with minimal overheads and effective delivery network using consignment agent concept
- Manage Knowledge - A database on customer complaints, repairs, client management
- Manage Customer Satisfaction - Client relations by continuous customer feedback, client meets etc.
- Designed an organisation structure with functional focus
- Designed and documented a detailed human resource manual that included a detailed process owners map, job descriptions, performance evaluation systems and other personnel related policies and procedures (leave, travel etc.)
- Designed a web based information technology plan
- Defined the functionality requirements for the service software
- Recommended web based communication network for data transmission
- Initiated discussions with potential vendors
The client received the above plans and designs that were formulated to solve its problems.