Aligning the Organisation to its Vision Statement for a Leading Roller Bearing Company
The client was a leading needle roller bearing manufacturing company that was looking at aligning its operations to achieve its vision of becoming a billion dollar company by 2020. The top management engaged UC to address the following:
- Whether the current processes were designed to help achieve the vision
- Whether the organisation was structured in a fashion that would enable them to achieve their vision
- Whether the current performance measurement system attracted and retained the right talent
In order to deliver suggestions on how the company can align its operations, UC took the following steps:
- Understood the needs for the organisation
- Understood current processes and identified those for redesign
- Developed recommendations for redesigning the processes
- Developed standard operating procedures for processes where necessary
- Defined detailed organisation structure at the corporate and at the plant level
- Prepared KPI/KRA and job profiles for each designation
- Developed a vision scorecard for the organisation.
The client received recommendations for aligning the organisation with its stated strategy.