Conducting a Perception Study for a Large Multinational Pharmaceutical Company
A leading Japanese pharmaceutical player has a JV company in India since 1969. This company was evaluating launching its cardiology and anti-diabetic range of products in India, which would be sourced from countries like Germany, Brazil, Japan or China, and distributed by the JV Company in India. The top management wanted to understand the market perception for its cardiac and anti-diabetic products and the broad economic inputs to decide on the best country for sourcing the products.
UC took the following steps in order to deliver the clients requests:
- Analysed and understood the anti-hyperlipidemic, anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic segments in India
- Identified and short listed cities for conducting primary research
- Prepared discussion guides and finalised respondent list across the 10 cities -
- Cadiac Surgeons
- General Physicians
- Pharma Stockists
- Met around 90 respondents to understand the following -
- Types of treatment preferred
- Preferences on molecules like statins, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, pioglitazones, etc
- Usage/ non usage of specific molecules
- Dosage patterns across patient profiles
- Preference for imported vs local drugs
- Factors influencing preferences of doctors for specific brands
- Preferences for country of imports.
UC delivered to the client a detailed report on the findings of the study.