Restructuring of a Global Manufacturer of Glass Containers
The client, a global manufacturer of glass containers had strategically taken the path of growing in a profitable value added product segment globally. The top management requested UC to restructure the organisation to meet the future business needs, as well as to create a leadership cadre at the second level.
UC conducted the restructuring for this client in the following manner:
- UC started the engagement by mapping the client’s global strategy and business assumptions
- This was followed by analysing the overlap of manufacturing locations serving the different geographies and customer segments
- We interacted with global customers and key internal team members, gained an understanding on the difference in customer requirements on various parameters like quality, delivery, product development etc
- Three potential structure options were designed. These were evaluated on certain criteria and discussed with the top management
- A target structure was detailed with clear definition of various positions and reporting relationships
- Challenges/ constraints in immediately implementing the target structure were highlighted to the client and an interim structure leading to the target structure was defined
- We prepared job profiles for the new positions in the structure, reviewed and revised the key performance indicators for all the key managerial positions and defined a review mechanism for the top management.
UC assisted the client in implementing the designed structure along with the performance review system.