Strategic Due Diligence of a UK based Telecom Services Provider for an Indian Network Engineering Company
The client, a major player in the domestic network engineering sector for telecoms and enterprises was considering strategic acquisitions in international markets to provide market/ customer access and obtain a complimentary skills technology base. The client had identified a potential acquisition target in the telecom managed services space based in UK.
The top management requested UC to conduct a detailed strategic, financial and legal due diligence of the acquisition target.
To conduct a strategic due diligence for the client, UC adopted the following approach:
- Reviewed the business model and operations of the target company
- Interacted with the key management personnel to understand the background, strategy and intent of the target company
- Understood the services, organisation and customer focus
- Identified the key opportunities in the areas of -
- Service/ skill base development
- Access to new customers and markets
- Provide current services in these markets and acquired skills in the domestic market
- Leverage current infrastructure
- Future growth potential
- Highlighted key risks in terms of customers, contracts and people.
The client received a detailed due diligence of the potential acquisition target.