Market Assessment for the Therapeutic Neurotoxin Business in India for a Global Market Leader
A global pharma company, a market leader in neurotoxins, believes that India is a relatively untapped opportunity. India also presents a challenge for the client due to the absence of public funding and a lack of adequate healthcare infrastructure. The client sought the assistance of UC to establish the market opportunity for the therapeutic use of its neurotoxin product in two key neurological conditions- adult spasticity and cerebral palsy.
In order to establish the market opportunity for the two neurological conditions, UC took the following actions:
- Conducted primary research with neurologists, physiotherapists and orthopedic surgeons etc. to gain insights into the following -
- Current and expected treatment pathway for patients, key opinion leaders (KOLs) and referral networks for patients)
- Prescribing behavior for neurotoxins with regards to the current clinical practice for therapeutic uses (dosages and cycles), drivers and barriers for injecting neurotoxins
- Evaluated the key neurotoxin competitors and their relative market positioning
- Assessed the reimbursement/ price outlook for neurotoxins and its impact on the market opportunity
- Determined the market opportunity for neurotoxins in India: Market size, growth and outlook over the next 10 years.
The client received a market sizing and growth over next 10 years for neurotoxins in India. They also received a list of KOLs to be targeted and initiatives that can be undertaken to increase the neurotoxin penetration.