Developing a Market Access and Pricing Strategy for Therapy for Metastatic Breast Cancer in India
The client was a global pharmaceutical company that had developed a novel metastatic breast cancer drug for which the client was interested in understanding the emerging market opportunity.
The client requested UC to determine the market access and pricing flexibility for this drug in the Indian and Turkish markets.
UC studied the market access and pricing for the metastatic breast cancer drug in India and Turkey, following the steps as below:
- Established an understanding of the regulatory landscape for oncology therapies in India
- Mapped drug approval processes in India
- Estimated the addressable population for the therapy targeted at metastatic breast cancer patients by first mapping the epidemiology and current standard of care for breast cancer patients in India. Feedback from key opinion leaders regarding the future adoption of new therapy was incorporated after arriving at the addressable population for the therapy
- Conducted thorough pricing analysis based on competitor pricing, physician preference and payer feedback
- Suggested few market access strategies for better penetration and success in the Indian market
The client was given a report of the regulatory landscape for oncology therapies in India and the addressable population, market access and pricing strategy for the therapy targeted at metastatic breast cancer patients.