Defining a Growth Strategy in India for a Global Leader in Bakery Ingredients
The client, one of the largest producers and distributors of fresh yeast, bakery ingredients, flavors and seasoning was targeting a growth of USD 100 million over the next 5 years in India. The client requested UC to conduct market segmentation focusing on growth opportunity identification and assessment.
To develop the growth strategy for the client, UC adopted the following approach:
- Conducted an extensive analysis to put together a clear view of the bakery and allied market segments in terms of:
1) Current market size of key segments and growth potential
2) Food consumption trends amongst end-consumers
3) Impact of expected regulatory changes on quality of bakery ingredients used and opportunities arising from these
4) Key success factors for players to thrive in this space
5) Competitive landscape within and across segments
- UC relied on analysis from interviews with the industry value chain entities including industrial, artisan, commercial bakers, bakery ingredient manufacturers and dealers
- An end-consumer survey across a mix of locations provided an insight into the evolution in eating habits and consumer preferences.
The client received a comprehensive and exhaustive understanding of the bakery segments including the drivers and success factors in each category of bakery ingredients. Key opportunities that it could capitalise on using its product capabilities were prioritised. The study enabled the client to develop an actionable strategy to further grow its business.