Designing Human Resource Policies and Company Processes for a Watch Retailing Company in Qatar
Background and Challenge
The client, a leading watch retailer with 27 brands and 14 showroom locations sold watches through the following different channels:
- Institutional Sales Team - Key Accounts (Government, Private Companies)
- Qatar Duty Free outlets
However, the key challenge faced by the management was to have standardised processes and people practices to sustain profitable growth. Thus, the top management turned to UC to assist in the following:
- Standardise and document processes across functions
- Define functionality requirements for all processes and necessary documents to support current information systems
- Streamline human resource functions, including organisation structure and defining job responsibilities and key performance indicators and key result areas for all personnel.
Approach and Recommendations
To design HR policies and to restructure the organisation, UC adopted the following approach:
- Conducted interviews of key personnel in the organisation across various locations, to understand processes and human resource related issues
- Defined process manuals for the following processes
1) Merchandise Management
2) Showroom Operations
3) Storage and Distribution
4) Marketing Process
7) Qatar Duty Free
8) Human Resource
- Defined the organisation structure, incentives and a performance evaluation system (PES) for all employees within the organisation
- Prepared a strategy map for the company, based on the future vision.
The client received an in-depth implementation plan to restructure its organisation.