Assisting a Perfumery Chemicals Company in Defining an Information Technology Blueprint and Selecting a Packaged Solution
The client was a manufacturer of perfumery chemicals used in the formulation of fragrances and flavours. The client had its Information Systems vision in place. The top management believed that the design of its Information System’s needed to be redefined, given the growth challenges it faced.
The top management engaged UC to address the following questions as a part of its IT vision:
- What should be the time horizon of the Information Systems strategy?
- What are the key information requirements of the organisation?
- What would be the appropriate applications, networking and communication systems that would be valuable and practically implementable in the future?
- How would the systems be implemented with due consideration to organisational constraints such as cost, people readiness, etc.?
To define the IT Blueprint for the client, UC adopted the following approach:
- Initiated the engagement with a detailed understanding of the client’s strategy and the role of technology in achieving its objectives (e.g. vendor managed inventory)
- Short listed live projects at different stages and initiated implementation along with client’s project team
- Held one-on-one discussions with key people in the organisation to understand their information requirements, current usage of technology, shortcomings and gaps
- Defined an IT Blueprint describing the future state of IT in the organisation
- Benchmarked usage of package systems in the chemical industry, based on which 9 ERP packages were shortlisted
- All packages were evaluated on criteria like functionality, fit, cost, scalability etc.
- Implementers were also rated on criteria like implementation cost, experience etc.
- Based on the functionality requirements, we shortlisted 2 implementers for SAP (ERP) implementation
- Assessed the infrastructure requirements, especially connectivity, PCs, servers, operating systems and license requirements
- 11 connectivity service providers were met and evaluated for support, reach etc.
- Till the deployment of SAP, as an interim measure, a knowledge management solution was defined, along with an operating procedure
- Outlined a preparatory plan including requirement of dedicated teams and process mapping before commencement of implementation of SAP
- Defined an investment outlay.
The client received a detailed vision and implementation plan for the IT systemsand an understanding of the amount of investment required for the same.