The client was a large Indian pharmaceutical player with own brands as well as branded generics supplying to 40+ countries including India and the US. For the client, in spite of adequate capacity, supply chain management remained a constant challenge, in particular, OTIF delivery.
UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Visited plants and interviewed personnel to understand supply chain processes and identified issues
- Analyzed Budgeting, Planning, Production, Inventory, RM procurement, QC, Logistics and Order fulfilment data to identify issues related to OTIF
- Identified issues impacting OTIF
- Identified OTIF improvement initiatives in
- Demand Planning
- Production Planning
- MRP and Procurement
- QC Planning and
- Order Management
- Designed solutions, process documents, tools and templates for each of the identified initiatives for all the plants
- Created dashboards for monitoring supply chain performance across plant and business unit
- Piloted the designed solutions for one of the plants
- Implemented the solutions for all other plants
The solutions and the processes were implemented across all the plants for Demand Planning, Production Planning, MRP & Procurement and Order Management. Dashboards were used for review and improvement mechanism.