The client had a deep portfolio of marketed and pipeline drugs targeting a variety of rare diseases. In order to develop the optimal ultra-orphan drug pricing and reimbursement strategy, and associated tools, the client had to answer a number of questions for each of the focus geographies and requested UC Strategy to assess the Ultra-Orphan Therapeutic Reimbursement Landscape in Turkey.
UC Strategy addressed these concerns and questions in the following manner:
- Of all the geographies assessed for the client, UC Strategy assessed the pricing and reimbursement scenario for orphan/ultra-orphan drugs in Turkey
- Developed the current ultra-orphan drug reimbursement landscape, defining the current reimbursement framework for ultra-orphan products
- As part of the analysis, UC Strategy assessed the various factors that payors consider in setting their reimbursement decisions including the impact of health technology assessments (HTAs)
- Analysed the reimbursement trend, identifying and assessing key trends impacting the healthcare market in general and ultra-orphan drugs in particular
- Identified and analysed key macro factors as well as assessed how payers and regulators are likely to respond in the near, mid and long-term
UC Strategy delivered proactive strategies for the client to respond to, in order to optimise its pricing and reimbursement for orphan drugs. UC Strategy developed a series of recommendations for short, mid and long-term pricing and reimbursement trends.