The client was a ~US$ 0.5 Bn MNC present in 116 countries with a focus on 30 countries in Asia (China and India), the UAE, Europe (mainly in the UK and France), Australia, Africa, LatAm and the US. The flagship business of remittances and payments had expanded into multiple product lines in traditional lending, digital financial services and fintech businesses. The client had planned a Fund Raise (an IPO) and UC STRATEGY was engaged to develop a plan for 6 legal entities in 30 countries across its key 8 financial product and service lines of businesses.
UC STRATEGY used the following approach:
- Created a cohesive structure establishing clear lines of hierarchy in legal entities, businesses and timelines for modelling the final accounts
- Documented the explicit and implicit assumptions of the businesses in in-depth discussions with the client
- Defined the data needed to be populated in the financial model developed in collaboration with the client
- Verified the data availability and gaps in discussions with the country leaders, leadership team and the IPO task force
- Developed detailed 10 country intelligence decks that accounted for important streams of revenue, showing the connects and disconnects between the market conditions and the plans made by the client internally
- Corrected and assumptions and developed a view on strategic levers of competition for our client in each of the lines of business, product lines, countries, entities based on competitiveness and valuation goals
- Developed a detailed financial model with an estimate of monthly P&L statements, balance sheet and product lines; the excel model ran into several thousands of lines of assumptions and data making it one of the most comprehensive and complex models; we used the combination of latest technologies to be able to make it convenient for the client to use it.
- Developed a summary of all the decks, countries, product lines, businesses, etc ready to be presented to the promoters
- Assisted the client top management to build a narrative for its business plans
The client was able to build the business plan financial model in a short time of 10 weeks for 30 countries, across its 8 lines of business and legal entities and was able to meet the deadline set by the promoters and investors for the planned IPO that was ahead of them