The client was one of the leading industrial pump manufacturers in India and as a part of its growth strategy, was looking to acquire an Indian player catering to certain other applications excluding industrial. UC STRATEGY was brought in to perform commercial due diligence on the target company.
To provide the client with a comprehensive overview of the target company, UC STRATEGY adopted the following approach:
- Developed insights on the internal views of the company and its performance through discussions with management of target company and documents provided.
- As part of the assignment conducted detailed primary research and interviewed more than 150 respondents across a mix of stakeholders
- Evaluated overall market potential and key growth drivers/inhibitors.
- Assessed customer segments, buying behavior and key purchase criteria
- Assessed viability of target company’s growth assumptions across various markets and product segments
- Assessed market position for target company across geographies and vetted existing and future market share for the target company.
- Developed a detailed scenario-based business plan for the target company and arrived at potential revenues and profitability figures for the target company.
The client received a detailed due diligence on the target company which included an in-depth assessment of the sales and marketing model, strengths and shortcomings and a view on the potential scalability of the business to new territories in terms of a detailed business plan.