The client was involved in assisting its clients with predictive analytics to see emergent patterns and develop a deeper understanding of the marketplace and other business issues and improve the accuracy and effectiveness of decisions.
The client was seeking assistance in developing a financial assessment for Parkinson’s disease in US, Europe and Japan and hired UC Strategy to assist in the same
In order to conduct a financial analysis, UC Strategy used the following approach:
- Conducted a detailed market assessment, this included:
- Assessed the disease epidemiology and treatment paradigms
- Understood market feedback on potential adoption of the new drug
- Determined the competitive landscape for the new drug
- Determined the addressable patient population
- Examined the regulatory landscape, this included:
- Understood the regulatory landscape for the drug
- Developed pricing and reimbursement landscape
- Estimated Cost and Revenues, this included:
- Developed pricing recommendations for the drug
- Developed revenue estimates for the drug
- Assessed the estimated costs for the drug
- Developed a risk-adjusted NPV for the drug, this included:
- Revenue potential for the new drug based on the patient population, pricing, competitive landscape and feedback on the clinical outcomes
- Cost estimates were developed based on costs such as cost of clinical trials, cost of manufacturing/importing and marketing expenses
- Probability of success of the drug was accessed and presented based on market landscaping
- Developed multiple scenarios based on changes in some of the factors of developing NPV.
The client received a detailed financial analysis and clarity to proceed with further action.