The client was a $1.3 bn. diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The client was present in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems.
In order to conduct a market assessment, UC Strategy used the following approach:
- Conducted detailed primary interviews and undertook primary research
- More than 30 interviews were conducted across a wide range of respondent ranging from tractor OEM’s to display and cluster manufacturers
- Examined and presented the Indian agriculture equipment scenario
- Highlighted the growth of Indian tractor market and its historical performance of last five years
- Identified the demand and market potential of Indian tractors market
- Pegged a growth rate for the tractors market in India
- Looked at the market share of tractor players in India
- Examined and presented the Indian displays and clusters market
- Highlighted that Mostly entry-level cluster and displays are used for Indian markets
- Highlighted the process used by OEM’s to select new clusters and displays vendor and drew out the entire purchase process
- Assessed and highlighted the KPCs of tractor OEM while making purchase decisions
- Examined the addressable markets and distribution channels involved in the business
- Profiled the existing competitors in the business.
The client received a detailed market assessment of the products.