The client was a leading electrical engineering company in India. The client wanted to enter the business of HTM in the domestic market and as such is in alliance talks with a potential partner. In progression of the latest development, the client hired UC Strategy to detail out market opportunities and key focus segment for HTM
In order to conduct a market study, UC Strategy used the following approach:
- As a part of the engagement conducted discussions with more than 100 respondents in various HTM usage segments
- Estimated the HTM market size by volume and value
- Analysed the demand forecasting of market for HTM and examined demand forecasting in detail, estimated the demand for the next five years
- Estimated the addressable market for HTM
- Estimate the market size of domestic demand and exports
- Examined the details and perspectives of export requirements of HTM
- Examined the usage dynamics of top 4-5 consumers of pumps and HTM
- Identified industrial sectors which consume largest volumes of HTM
- Segmented the market by a number of parameters
- Analysed and examined the competition and other supplier landscape in India
- This included benchmarking of client’s capabilities for producing HTM versus some of the competitions.
Identified key segments and industrial application areas of HMT usage for the client. Also benchmarked and provided the client with perspectives on further strategy and product improvement.