The client, a large private equity firm was evaluating potential investment target in the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) industry in India. It turned to UC Strategy to conduct a strategic due diligence of the MHE market in India, and understand the market standing of the target company.
To conduct a strategic diligence of the MHE market in India, UC Strategy adopted the following parameters:
- Conducted secondary and primary research to understand the following parameters –
- Market Size and Market Growth of the MHE industry
- Product and Service wise growth opportunities for the MHE players
- Revenues and margins across the application industries (key customer segments) and the products/ services offered
- Level of consolidation or fragmentation amongst different entities
- Industry Purchasing Criteria
- Profiled the key players with their respective business models
- Identified opportunities for the next 5 years and its impact on industry profitability due to the changes in revenue mix
The client received a realistic assessment of the market opportunity of MHE equipment across power, steel and ports sector over the next 5 years. It also understood how the target company was stacked against the key competitors, based on the customers purchasing behavior and its key criteria.