The client was a US based MNC and a leader in design and manufacturer of commercial ceiling systems in India. It was catering to diverse market segments including office, healthcare, education, retail, transport, hospitality and manufacturing segments. The client was interested in developing a distribution strategy to achieve targeted future growth.
To address existing challenges in distribution structure and develop a distribution strategy:
- Analyzed internal sales data and conduct management interviews to assess current distribution network
- Conduct analysis on existing distribution channel structure and assess strengths and weaknesses and synthesize challenges
- Determined region wise market potential and benchmark against current competitors and adjacent segments for distribution practices
- Identified gaps in current distribution structure – develop and compare distributor profiles, fitment analysis, assess competition and adjacent segments’ distribution model
- Defined distribution strategy around channel structure, channel management and channel sizing – cost-benefit analysis of distribution model, influence management initiatives and blueprint of distribution strategy.
The client received detailed distribution strategy for its commercial ceiling business in India. The distribution strategy involved various actions points, needed to be taken to address challenges within existing distribution structure and re-align the distribution network to achieve targeted growth. The client also received detailed fitment analysis for its existing channel partners and suppliers in the market.