The client, an investor in a premium natural mineral water company based in New Delhi had the following issues with its company
- Penetration of the product was very poor
- Poor sales of the product leading to losses every year
- Focused mainly on institutional clients with little effort to build the brand or enter other segments
- Increased competition from organised players (domestic and MNC), leading to lowering the price for institutional clients to remain loyal.
Thus, the client turned to UC Strategy to define a marketing strategy to achieve growth within the company.
To define a marketing strategy for the client, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Conducted a secondary research to understand the industry
- Also conducted a primary research in key markets, including metros and tourist destinations in the country to the following segments
1) Consumers (individuals, institutions, hotels, bars, restaurants)
- Conducted an in-depth study of key international markets to understand the export potential of the brand
- Defined the positioning of the brand in the domestic and international market
- Defined the marketing strategy including the brand image, target segment, pricing, distribution plan, packaging and prepared the penetration strategy
The client received an in-depth implementation plan to market its brand and also a better understanding of the international market.