The client, a highly reputed Ayurveda player, manufacturing classical Ayurvedic medicines, approached UC Strategy to assist in defining a growth strategy with a view to expand the reach of its products across India and to increase its nationwide presence.
To undertake the assessment of the classical as well as proprietary and patented (P&P) product market and define a growth strategy, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Defined a methodology for selection of states and locations depending on market attractiveness and shortlisted 12 locations in 4 states
- Shortlisted 5 key therapeutic segments and ailments based on external market parameters and internal company parameters combined with inputs from primary and secondary research
- Conducted primary research in 12 locations, and held discussions with ~ 180 respondents across different respondent groups i.e. doctors, channel members (distributors, wholesalers, retailers), hospitals and Ayurveda Colleges
- Defined distinct strategies for P&P and classical products
- Defined pricing strategy for P&P and classical set of products
- Analyzed existing distribution network for their products and recommended strategies for the same
- Identified issues with existing channel policies and defined initiatives in areas of margins, door delivery policies and credit policy
- Defined a sales organization structure to increase their reach in the market.
- Defined marketing and promotions strategy (pull and push) for influencers, channel partners and customers
- Define a roll-out plan and outlined a draft implementation plan to assist top management and key personnel