The client was a leading automobile dealership with presence across key areas in West India. The client was interested in evaluating an entry into the Indian Luxury car Rental services market. The focus was to be on the upcoming market for self-drive luxury vehicles as well as identification of target customer segments such as HNIs and NRIs.
To develop an assessment of the current and future potential of various segments in the Indian luxury car rental service (LCRS) market, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Triangulated primary and secondary research to obtain market size and future growth rates based on various pivots
- Assessed different customer segments to understand the key purchase criteria, pain points and unmet needs
- Analysed competitor landscape to understand the geographical presence as well as the strategic focus areas of each major incumbent
- Studied trends in the luxury car rental market across global markets with a specific focus on BRIC countries
- Evaluated multiple business models for possible entry into the Indian LCRS
The client received detailed insights on the current Indian LCRS and its future potential. Based on the findings, UC Strategy suggested potential business models for possible entry into the LCRS market.