The client, a leading Indian multinational with business interests in auto components and cement, wanted to leverage its customer synergy with new product offerings. With a view to cross-sell, the client wanted to assess the business opportunity for aluminium castings in India and abroad. The focus of the study was aluminium casting usage in different auto segments such as two wheelers, three wheelers, passenger cars, commercial vehicles and non-auto segments such as electrical applications.
To assess the future potential of various aluminium casting products, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
• Developed a framework to shortlist appropriate business segments and product segments based on qualitative and quantitative parameters
• Triangulated primary and secondary research to obtain market size and future growth rates by product segment
• Analysed global trends for product usage and its applicability in India
• Analysed anticipated regulatory changes and its impact on the adoption of the products
• Developed summary snapshots for individual product segments and identified salient macro trends and drivers likely to impact them
• Segmented prospective customers and value proposition for a new supplier
• Analysed the competitor landscape
• Forecasted profit and loss statements and the balance sheets for the next five years for the proposed business
The client received a detailed roadmap with the final shortlisted products and the customer segments to target for the aluminium casting business in India and globally.