The client, a company based in North America, operating globally through eight primary brands intended to expand its present brand portfolio in India. The client wanted UC STRATEGY to assess the Indian footwear market and provide the company with a growth strategy, such that it can capitalise on its existing brands and launch new brands in the Indian market.
To undertake an assessment of the Indian footwear market, UC STRATEGY adopted the following approach:
- UC STRATEGY conducted in-depth primary research across five locations in India
- Assessed the market size of different segments – a type of footwear, customer and price points
- Examined the retail channels in the organized sector
- Profiled competitors and competitive intensity within the market
- Analysed customer preferences
- UC STRATEGY also assessed the performance of client’s existing brands in India and developed an overall strategy including a business model, brand portfolio and customer segment for the client
- A detailed study of the channel focus was also done
The client received detailed insights about the market potential, customer preferences, retail landscape and the key success factors for the Indian footwear market. This led to the development of a strategic roadmap for each brand and sales targets for the next 3 years for the client. An evaluation of existing partners was also conducted, along with the identification of potential partners for the alliance.