The client, a leading tyre distributor in Qatar was primarily engaged in selling to the institutional customers and had five outlets for retail sales and tyre related services. The company had grown rapidly at a compound annual growth rate of approximately 15 percent over the last 13 years, with a current annual turnover of QAR 19 million.
However, considering the future demand potential, the top management was looking at a clear strategic direction to profitably grow its business with a focus on the retail business. It turned to UC Strategy to define a blueprint for its growth in the future.
To define the growth strategy for the client, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Analysed sales and profitability for different brands and products across customer segments
- Conducted primary research and met customers in the wholesale and retail business to understand and analyse
- Customer preferences and requirements
- Customer perception about the client
- The client’s position as compared to the competitors
- Prepared strategy map for both retail and institutional businesses
- Defined strategic initiatives for retail and institutional business as follows –
- Identification of product focus strategy based on sales and profitability
- Identification of value added services for wholesale and retail business
- Revival of dealer channels for specific product lines
- Creation of a segment focus strategy for customers in the wholesale business
- Introduction of new retail formats
- Design of promotions and CRM related activities
- Designed an organisation structure and defined the job profile, job description, performance evaluation system, key performance indicators and key result areas for each position
- Defined management information system reports.
The client received a detailed implementation plan to determine the growth of its organisation.