The client was a leading player in the façade fabrication market in the Middle East, with interest in aluminium extrusion segment. As part of expansion plans, and sensing an opportunity in India, the client wanted to validate the market attractiveness and define an India entry strategy.
To define the India entry strategy, UC STRATEGY adopted the following approach:
- Conducted desk research and primary research to landscape the market façade fabrication segment
- Analysed and estimated key growth drivers, competitive intensity, margins, potential threats, challenges, business risks etc. to define overall attractiveness of the façade fabrication business
- Established the synergies between the façade fabrication business and backward integration opportunities like glass processing, glass coating and aluminium extrusion
- Analysed the potential of each opportunity on the basis of captive utilisation of the façade fabrication business and the ability to sell the remaining capacity
- Analysed the probability of success of various strategic options of entering the Indian markets and recommended a suitable option based on the core capabilities of the client
- Defined a strategic sequence of market entry and accordingly defined investments outlay and time frames
- Developed detailed financials for all the business and projected the same for 5 years
The client received a deep understanding of market dynamics in India and a definition of the India entry strategy along with a five-year business plan.