The company was into several businesses such as oil trading, ship chartering, vessel trading etc. Though the company had an accounting software, it did not meet its management information system (MIS) requirements to measure the performance of each of its business areas. Apart from the MIS reporting requirements, the top management had also identified office management systems as a key opportunity area.
UC Strategy undertook the following steps for this project:
- Conducted interviews of the key personnel in the organisation to understand all business areas and key reporting needs for effective monitoring of the business
- Evaluated the existing accounting system against information requirement
- Defined standard operating procedures for accounting
- Defined formats for MIS reports
- Evaluated packaged accounting software’s based on functionality and MIS reporting requirement
- Defined the organisation structure and job descriptions
- Defined and set-up office management systems using groupware technology
The client received several tips and suggestions on standard operating procedures for the company.