The client, a leading multinational involved in diverse businesses such as sugar, nutraceuticals and bio-products, had a major presence in the southern states of the country. With an encouraging response to one of its blockbuster products in the southern region, the company wanted to expand its reach to other major agricultural states to achieve a product revenue of 100 crores by FY 2016. The focus was to select the target crops and states and design a strategy for each selected state.
To develop the marketing and sales strategy across different states, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Developed a framework based on quantitative and qualitative parameters for selecting the crop and the appropriate states
- Carried out extended face to face interactions with all the stakeholders across 10 states in the country, to assess the current and future potential for the product
- Triangulated primary and secondary research to obtain market size and future growth rates by product segment
- Designed state specific product, price, promotion and distribution strategies to differentiate the product offering
- Created a mathematical model to accurately arrive at the final sales force number for each state at the district level
- Forecasted, state wise, the yearly revenue to reach product revenues of 100 crores by 2016
- Assessed customer segments and analysed competitor landscape
The client received a detailed roadmap to achieve its targeted product revenue by focusing on specific states and crops.