The company was established in 1985 with the objective of providing cutting edge solutions to the distillery industry. It offered other solutions including wastewater treatment to the distillery and the brewery industry. It had experienced a multifold jump in its business performance. The top management further anticipated growth through the penetration in the global market and UC Strategy to understand the new markets they should be addressed in the future.
UC Strategy assessed which markets should be looked at in the following way:
- Shortlisted countries based on defined criteria (e.g.: feedstock availability) and conducted detailed analysis for 45 countries across the globe. Built a hypothesis and evaluated each country for its attractiveness of returns and its ease of entry
- Shortlisted countries based on the overall attractiveness and validated the hypothesis for these countries through primary research conducted by our consulting partners, and telecoms with industry experts, distillery owners and government agencies
- Determined the revenue potential for each country and based on the ‘country evaluation matrix’ and classified the countries/markets into
- Strategic focus
- Opportunistic focus
- One-off opportunity
- No focus
- Estimated the risk-rewards of entering the new markets
- Estimated the opportunity cost of not entering the new markets
- Determined the success to efforts ratio.
UC Strategy identified and evaluated the attractiveness of markets globally and delivered to the client details of the risk rewards and opportunity cost estimation for the opportunities shortlisted.