The client, a large private equity firm requested UC Strategy to validate certain assumptions made by the OEM in the three-year business plan:
- The end user application industries would grow in demand and would have multiplier impact on the revenues of the OEM
- The high competitiveness of the company on certain performance benchmarks including cost leadership
The decision whether to invest or not and the valuation, was not part of the engagement scope.
To develop a growth strategy across the client’s business divisions, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Conducted a detailed analysis on industry trends, customer dynamics, in-depth channel analysis, competition analysis across the client’s business divisions
- Identified opportunities for existing businesses in the following areas
- Value chain opportunities
- Product opportunities
- Diversification opportunities
The client received a detailed perspective on channel reclassification for the crop protection business and initiatives at a product level to drive the growth of crop protection, bio inputs, and aquaculture business segments. The client also received a clear articulation of growth paths for the hybrid seeds business division and opportunities in the rural healthcare segment. An implementation plan to drive revenue growth along with top-line estimates was also developed.