The client, a leading hearing aid clinic was looking at expanding its international presence and was evaluating a few countries for a possible entry. The client requested UC Strategy to develop an entry strategy for an understanding of the Indian market in terms of share of market size, product profile, price points and trends, distribution network, locations and potential entry options.
To develop an entry strategy for the client, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Focused on primary research with hearing aid clinics and other key influencers to analyse the market, as this segment had not been researched thoroughly in India
- Studied the share of analog and digital devices and the emerging trends therein
- Analysed the pricing points and trends therein
- Sized the market as per the key locations and captured the intricacies of the key locations
- Put forth various entry options (acquisition, alliance, greenfield) and the merits/demerits of each
- Identified key players who could be evaluated as potential alliance partners/acquisition opportunities.
The client received a detailed understanding of the hearing aid clinics in India. UC also identified potential alliance partners/ acquisition opportunities for further execution of the same.