The client was looking for setting up a QSR chain in India. With respect to the same, it approached UC Strategy to assess the feasibility of setting up a restaurant in QSR/Casual dining segment in India.
- We initiated the project with context building so as to understand client’s current capabilities and strategic intent for new markets. In this stage, we met the top management and other senior personnel to collect
- Perspective on existing capabilities and business operations
- Perspective on strategic intent for target entry into the selected segments preferred the position in the value chain, revenue and return expectations, etc.
- UC Strategy identified conducted primary and secondary research for assessing the QSR market size of Indian market and individual cities in the India
- UC Strategy identified 34 cities from which 15 cities were shortlisted for detailed study based on prioritization criteria
- As part of deep dive analysis of those 15 cities, UC Strategy conducted in-depth primary & secondary research and discussions with various entities in QSR industry (business managers, restaurant managers, QSR industry experts, etc.) to understand
- Market size on multiple pivots and market dynamics
- Customer dynamics (Consumer segmentation & consumer preferences)
- Profiles of major players and competitive landscape
- Regulatory and compliance requirements
UC Strategy estimated the overall food consumption market and QSR market till 2020. Based on our findings, we ranked the cities on their attractiveness for the client and developed a business model and the entry strategy for individual cities. We also developed detailed financial model for projections and prepared implementation plan for the prioritized cities