The client was a leading pharmaceutical commercialisation services company in Asia Pacific, with more than 70 brands and over 4,000 employees across 13 countries. They were in discussions with a private Indian dermatology company to acquire the company’s existing brands and were looking for an independent assessment of the sales forecasts for 15 key revenue-driving brands.
To develop sales forecasts for individual brands, UC Strategy triangulated primary and secondary research to:
- Built an understanding of the key brands considered for acquisition along with the client’s hypothesis and intent
- Understood market dynamics based on market data and historical performance data
- Understood the client’s assumptions for the revenue forecast
- Assessed the factors impacting the revenue model
- Understood key opinion leaders (KOL) prescription patterns for the therapeutic areas and the active molecules
- Assessed the competitive landscape for the brands
- Understood current brand positioning
- Validated client’s assumptions for the revenue forecast
- Built framework and develop assumptions for revenue forecast
- Forecasted revenues for the 15 brands
The client received an independent view of the 10-year sales forecast of the 15 key brands along with key qualitative information based on research feedback.