The top management at a leading Indian automotive OEM was considering an entry into commercial equipment segment. They requested UC Strategy to evaluate the potential of entering the segment with a key focus on products such as backhoe loaders, excavators, cranes and dozers.
UC Strategy undertook the following steps in assessing the industry potential:
- Analysed current and future demand/ supply scenarios across product segments
- Conducted in-depth interviews with end consumers, financiers, contractors, hirers, and industry experts to understand the buying behavior and economics of using the equipment. Also, analysed the unmet needs across the segments
- Analysed and profiled (including financial analysis) key competitors to understand current and future developments in the market, new product technologies and market focus
- Short listed attractive products and target segments
- Analysed import-export data/ trends by product segment and the impact of FTAs in India
- Analysed key entry and exit barriers
- Identified a set of potential JV partners across the shortlisted product categories.
The client received a greater understanding of the potential of entering the commercial equipment segment.