The client was a professional services firm offering a range of Tax, Risk and M&A advisory service for domestic and global businesses of all sizes. The client requested UC Strategy to conduct a joint study titled ‘Landscaping Business Opportunities in Coaches and Forged Wheels in India’ to conduct a high-level assessment of potential opportunities in Indian Railways.
To conduct this engagement, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Desktop research from various sources to access relevant publicly available information
- In-depth discussions with various stakeholders in Target Segments. E.g.
- Customers of Target Segments (IR, Metro operators/developers, suburban railways, high-speed railways)
- Competitors in Target Segments (Coach manufacturers [Indian players and MNCs], bogie & forged wheel manufacturers, suppliers & contractors)
- Regulatory bodies, technology Providers, industry experts, consultants etc.
- Addressed the following areas w.r.t opportunities in target segments
- Macroeconomic factors impacting Target Segments
- Industry landscape of Target Segments in India, including potential demand, key drivers and existing / expected supply
- Key risks and impact on Target Segments
- Procurement dynamics of customers in Target Segments
- Competitive scenario/player landscape of manufacturers in Target Segments
- Recommendation to Japanese client for entry options in Target Segments
We helped them in segment-wise market sizing along with its growth forecast and value drivers. Also, we gave them a better understanding of customer dynamics and buying behavior, mapping key competitors and entry options in target segments.