A global roadside assistance provider was keen to evaluate an entry into the roadside assistance market in India based on the evaluation of market attractiveness.
To meet the requirements of the organisation, the client requested UC Strategy to conduct a market assessment based on landscaping the roadside assistance market in India, profiling current players providing roadside assistance, assessing the attractiveness of the organised roadside assistance market and identifying potential joint venture/acquisition candidates.
To conduct a market assessment for the client, UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
- Analysed growth and trends in the passenger car market in India
- Analysed the current roadside assistance providers including the following details –
- Nature of entities and services provided
- Infrastructure and geographic coverage
- Marketing initiatives and plans
- Studied structural factors driving roadside assistance in India
- Studied factors driving organised roadside assistance in India
- Identified addressable market segments for an organised roadside assistance player
- Estimated future growth for addressable market segments
- Identified potential joint venture/ acquisition candidates.
The client received a business model to implement the various initiatives in materials, logistics, energy and customer management.