A global pharma company, a market leader in neurotoxins, believes that India is a relatively untapped opportunity. India also presents a challenge for the client due to the absence of public funding and a lack of adequate healthcare infrastructure. The client sought the assistance of UC Strategy to establish the market opportunity for the therapeutic use of its neurotoxin product in two key neurological conditions- adult spasticity and cerebral palsy.
To establish the market opportunity for the two neurological conditions, UC Strategy undertook the following actions:
- Conducted primary research with neurologists, physiotherapists and orthopedic surgeons etc. to gain insights into the following –
- Current and expected treatment pathway for patients, key opinion leaders (KOLs) and referral networks for patients
- Prescribing behavior for neurotoxins with regards to the current clinical practice for therapeutic uses (dosages and cycles), drivers and barriers for injecting neurotoxins
- Evaluated the key neurotoxin competitors and their relative market positioning
- Assessed the reimbursement/ price outlook for neurotoxins and its impact on the market opportunity
- Determined the market opportunity for neurotoxins in India: Market size, growth and outlook over the next 10 years
The client received a market sizing and growth over next 10 years for neurotoxins in India. They also received a list of KOLs to be targeted and initiatives that can be undertaken to increase the neurotoxin penetration.