The client was a leading player in heavy engineering and project execution space in India. The client was looking at tapping the market for utility boilers in India. The top management was evaluating the opportunity of entering into a licensing agreement with another player for sub-critical/ super-critical boiler technology.
The top management requested UC Strategy to assist them in answering the following questions:
- Market attractiveness for CFBC boiler capacity > 100 MW
- Market attractiveness for Waste Heat Recovery Steam Generator (WHRSG)
In order to assess the market, UC Strategy used the following approach:
- Interviewed more than 90 industry respondents across sectors such as Chemicals, Iron and Steel, Cement, Aluminum, Paper and pulp. Oil refineries and petrochemicals, etc.
- Interviews also included industry experts, project managers and other competitors manufacturing similar products
- Secondary research was also conducted on the subject matter
- Assessed the requirement’s and future procurement plans of each of the above industries and examined their preferences
- Undertook an overall study of the product category and examined the application it can be used for in various industries
- Examined the competitive dynamics of the same product being manufactured by other players and assessed the market review for the same
- Examined the overall market potential for the product and the likelihood of its demand increasing in near future.
The client received a complete market assessment along with reviews and feedback from the market on the particular product.