The client was a leading industrial Manufacturer and Systems Integrator established as a joint venture between two very large Japanese companies. It specialized in providing industrial electric and automation systems for industrial plants across many verticals such as Steel, Metals and Mining, Cement, Paper and Oil and Gas. Its current product range includes controllers, DC drives, low voltage and medium voltage AC drives, motors, power converters and software tools.The client was currently in the process of setting up its manufacturing facility at Bangalore that is expected to cater to both the domestic as well as exports market. For the Indian market, the client requested us to focus on the market opportunity for Medium Voltage Motors and Medium Voltage drove in Thermal Power, Mining, Metal, Cement, Fertilizer, Water & Waste Water, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical segments.
UC Strategy adopted the following approach:
• Defined the market segmentation based on application industries, power ratings (kW and kV), size and replacement/ retrofits
• Conducted primary research with ~350 respondents across end-user segments, EPCs, Consultants, OEMs, Government agencies and Competitors
• Synthesized the findings from both primary and secondary research
• Validated the findings with experts from the industry
• Created market assessment and projections models
• Provided insights on customer buying behavior and key influencers
• Provided details about competitive landscape
• Based on clients product offerings, arrived at the addressable market for the client
The client received the segment assessment and market projections for MV Motors and Drives in India.