An MNC engaged in soybean crushing wanted to understand the future evolution of the soybean crushing industry. UC Strategy was brought in to perform an assessment of the soybean crushing industry to understand whether smaller soybean crushing players find it difficult to be profitable.
To provide the client with a comprehensive overview soybean crushing industry, UC Strategy adopted the following approach –
- Conducted detailed primary research with key opinion leaders to understand the current state of the industry and also identify future trends
- Assessed the trends in cultivation of Soybean across three major divisions – Kota, Indore/Ujjain and Nagpur
- Analyzed the average no. of crush days after determining the effective operating capacity in each of the division
- Analyzed competitive intensity and change in the mix of players across the following three categories – National players/MNC, large regional players and small regional players
- Landscaped the operating behavior of the above mentioned three categories of players
- Developed insights on the drivers and inhibitors for the market growth of the soybean crushing industry
- Built an excel model to understand the net replacement crushing margins in each of the three divisions
The client received a detailed report on the current state of the soybean crushing industry and expected trends in the future.